Suncream, Acne, Spots and Rashes
As we know we need to protect our skin from the sun's UV (ultraviolet) rays which can damage, increase risk of skin cancer and prematurely age our skin.
The two types of ultraviolet rays are UVA which sink deeper and prematurely age the skin and UVB which is the main cause for sunburn, skin cancer and premature aging.
Suncreams are used to prevent the above but what does an SPF do? This number gives you an idea of how long the cream will last. For example, SPF1 would last approximately 20 minutes, so if you are using SPF15 this would last 5 hours. However, it is recommended that you re-apply every couple of hours and at least half an hour before going out in the sun.
SPF 15 filters out about 93% of UVB rays, SPF30 97% and SPF50 98%. Everyones skin is different and you know yours best. You don’t want your skin turning red and burning. It's incredibly sore and you’ll need to be covered up for several days after, it’s tender to touch and can cause long-term damaging effect.
- Apply SkinGenius Purifying gel under suncream to prevent spots, rashes and hives. It does not contain an SPF.
- Ensure you apply suncream at least half an hour before going out in the sun, giving it time to work into your skin.
- Cover all areas – ears, neck, eyelids, feet and be generous with the amount you use.
- Re-apply every couple of hours.
- Cover up.
- Sit in the shade for a break.
- Be careful of shoulders and your face when in water.
- Apply SkinGenius Purifying gel to any spots, rashes or hives as it has a cooling effect.
Enjoy the sun and have fun!